Saturday, August 1, 2009

Blaming a recession for not winning

Most of us have been influenced by the current scenario, and in a way we are all caught in this huge web, struggling to get out of it

There are ambitions, desires and dreams and there are times when I feel most at peace when not thinking about it. My last six months have been quite horrible and the situation becomes even more difficult for someone who depends on his online income. However, there are also times when i feel that i am fortunate to reach where I am today.

Although winning is difficult, it is a quality that everyone must possess. In other words, we must have a definiteness of purpose, a clear vision and knowledge of what we want combined with a burning desire to possess this. Blaming a recession for not winning is a losing strategy

Every achievement obtained during this recession must be considered as a winning one. In fact, most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all

In other words, a difficult time can be more readily endured if we retain the conviction that our existence holds a purpose, a cause to pursue, a person to love, a goal to achieve. With these qualities, there is no stopping us

We all have hopes and dreams and we all go through times in our lives when we come up with ideas of things that we would like to accomplish in life. It's a natural human tendency. But what happens when the years go by and those dreams never come to fruition? What happens when we find ourselves, years later, in a situation that's so far removed from our ideal that we can only think that we've somehow failed, that we haven't accomplished our life's desire?

It can be a very devastating experience.

Well, at 44, I sometimes lose hope that this dream will ever come true, and sometimes I would get upset at God for not helping me to make this happen. So this has been a great impediment in my living a full life. Sometimes I'm unable to be happy in the moment because of these unfulfilled dreams. It's those "why couldn't it have been?", "why didn't it happen for me?" times that rob me of my joy for today. And as much as I know and have read that real peace is internal, I also know for me, that the environment where I spend my time makes a difference.

I try to focus on the fact that I trust God to put me where I'm most effective, where I can do the most good, and where I can learn the most. Getting through the hard times has been much more beneficial to me in the long run than having an idyllic life would have been.

I've learned more about what I truly want out of life through painful experiences, than I have in times when everything's been fine.

Let your heart guide you - if it tells you to stay, that's where you're supposed to be, and make the most of it. If it tells you to go, then take the risk and make the most of that. If faith in the lord is part of your life, ask him for guidance, then listen for the answer and whatever that answer may be, follow it, for you will be taken care of.

No comments:

Post a Comment