Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Salon Marketing As A Career

Being a marketing man, I have been approached by people sometimes with bizarre queries – in other words, anything related to marketing is directly passed on to my email with a query – can you tell or write me a few words on this subject

One of those subjects was salon marketing. Recently one of my friends, who owns a beauty salon, asked me about the best marketing practices that she can apply for marketing her salon

Although, I have been in marketing for sometime, every time such a question comes up, I am forced to re-strategize from scratch. The question becomes even more difficult when it comes to small businesses.

So here was a new opportunity for me that I could not only advise but get involved as well. It was exciting as well as rewarding financially.

Initially, I thought, how different can it be from mainstream marketing – the fundamentals ought to be the same. Just a difference in approach and organizing. I was right, for the technicalities however, I needed the services of a lady friend, who splurges a huge amount in salons and beauty spas.

She was the ideal specimen

She was in fact more than a help – it is funny the level of know-how the average visitor to the salon or a spa has. With their third visit, they are familiar with most of the techniques and processes involved

And as a final word, I would like to share with you some interesting aspects worth noting with regard to salon and day spa marketing. Obviously there are a lot of important aspects to tell, when it comes to salon marketing, and it is important that these aspects or guidelines be followed. On the other hand, it is important that you develop your own unique style, that is easily recognizable by others

Secondly, always pay attention to your customers and make them feel special. You can do this by linking a complimentary business. In other words, if you have a complementary business such as hair and nail salon, or a fitness center or even a restaurant, link those with your spa or salon and it will help you in increasing number of clients.

So, go on and get started with your new salon marketing business opportunity

No comments:

Post a Comment